Y’all know how I feel about salads (I don’t do rabbit food), but this one passes the test! It’s colorful, has a variety of textures, and plays on my favorite combination: salty & sweet (the salty sunflower seeds and the sweet apples and cranberry goat cheese). SO good! When salads are this fun, I can eat one every day!
LAQ’s Favorite Fall Salad
Serves 1 Hungry Person:)
- Arugula, one large handful
- Baby spinach, one large handful
- Sprouts, one small handful
- Roasted Chicken breast, diced into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 Gala Apple, diced
- 2″ slice of Goat Cheese, crumbled (Trader Joe’s Cranberry Chevre is my favorite this time of year!)
- 1-2 Tbs. sunflower seeds
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss until combined. Add vinaigrette of your choice and toss again.
Homemade Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1/3 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbs. Dijon Mustard (or a little more if you like this stuff as much as I do!)
- 2 Tbs. White Wine Vinegar
- Drizzle of honey, to taste
- salt & pepper
Combine all ingredients in a glass bottle or a leak-proof plastic container. Shake until blended well. Taste and adjust seasonings are ingredients to suit your tastes. Drizzle a tablespoon or two over your salad and toss well.
This dressing will make enough for a few salads!